Tuesday, July 17, 2012

WANTED



WANTED: The King Family in Virginia City, Nevada

Not to brag, but I have the cutest little rebel family! We recently took a trip to Lake Tahoe for a family reunion and while there spent some time in an old mining town where we had this picture taken.  We spent the day riding a train and touring a real underground mine (Forget the gold, I'm still amazed at the phosphorescence of some rocks. They really glowed!).  Afterward, we took a fun little ride on a trolley.  The guided tour given by a hilarious man that resembled an old miner took us through the town and past a few places that were named after Mark Twain because he tried and failed to become a miner there.  It got me thinking about failures. 

What have I tried and failed?  Golfing (not exciting enough), playing the piano (apparently I can't read music and play keys at the same time), doing a triple off the diving board (yeah, I had a brief stint as a diver), losing weight (who hasn't failed?).  Should I go on?  Let's just say that I like to try everything.  I wondered if back then, Samuel Langhorne Clemens (aka Mark Twain) had any idea of the popularity of his written works. 

I'd like to think that writing has been one of the constants that I have been successful with over the years, along with singing, running, photography, and teaching.  I just hope that my written works are published and popular before I'm long gone. 

So here are my questions for you: What have you tried and failed?  If there was a WANTED poster out there for you right now for your successes, what would it say?

Me standing under the sign of the Mark Twain Museum

1 comment:

  1. I would be wanted for... you tell me. haha I love the family pic. hehe

    ReplyDelete